HOW DO WE RAISE FUNDS?
October is the time for Eagle Heights Spanish Immersion’s annual Maratón de Lectura/Read-Thon! This event is designed to help students develop their readings skills and a love for books while raising money to support our school. This month-long event is the PTO’s primary fundraiser, funding over 75% of the PTO Budget! All dollars raised during Maratón de Lectura will go directly back to the school and classrooms!
HOW DOES THE SCHOOL BENEFIT?
In recent years, money raised by Maratón de Lectura has helped our school in the following ways
• Teacher grants for classroom needs • Staff appreciation events and meals • Teacher reimbursements for supplies • PBIS incentives and rewards • Building improvements and new playground equipment • Angel Fund • Family events and cultural celebrations such as: Family Fun Night, El Día de los Muertos, Spring Dance Festival, STEM Night • Student events: Field Days, Kindness Retreat, 6th Grade Send-off
Click here to learn more.
Maratón de Lectura starts on October 1st and continues through to October 31st.
More information can be found in the Maratón 2019 Student Packet along with details on the fun spirit days, theme, and activities!
Here are the important dates you should know for 2019! 2020 Dates coming soon!
- Oct. 1 – Maratón de Lectura starts!
- Oct. 2 – Reading Rainbow Day – each grade wears a color of the rainbow
Kinder = RED
1st = ORANGE-
2nd = YELLOW
3rd = GREEN
4th = Light Blue
5th = Dark Blue
6th = Purple
- Oct. 9th – Sports Day – wear your favorite team jersey or athletic clothes
- Oct. 16th – Curl up with a Good Book Day – wear your pajamas or favorite comfy clothes
- Oct. 23rd – Unity Day – Unite in kindness and acceptance to stand together against bullying – wear orange
- Oct. 30th – EHSI Spirit Day – wear red and black or sport your EP/EHSI spirit wear
- Oct. 31st – Maratón de Lectura ends!
- Nov. 4th – All pledges and reading logs are due
Spirit Day events are listed here: 2019 Spirit Day Poster
If you need another reading log for your student(s) to complete, a blank form is here: Maratón Reading Log 2019
DONATE VIA PAYPAL:
Donating for more than one EHSI student? Just included the names of students and amounts in the ‘Notes’ section of your transaction!”