HOW DO WE RAISE FUNDS?
October is the time for the the annual Maratón de Lectura/Read-a-thon! This event is designed to help students develop their readings skills and a love for books while raising money to support our school. This month-long event is the PTO’s primary fundraiser, funding over 90% of the PTO Budget! All dollars raised during Maratón de Lectura will go directly back to the school and classrooms!
HOW DOES THE SCHOOL BENEFIT?
In recent years, money raised by Maratón de Lectura has helped our school in the following ways:
• new Spanish books for the library
• rock climbing wall in the gym
• teacher grant fund to enrich curriculum and learning
• field trips
• community nights
Click here to learn more.
The 2017 – 2018 Maratón de Lectura starts on October 1, 2017. It ends on October 31st. More information can be found in the parent letter below, along with details on the fun spirit days, theme, and activities!
The parent letter has information on the Spirit Days happening with Maratón, along with details on the event: 2017 Maratón Info Packet- Parent Letter
Here are the important dates you should know!
- 1 October: Maratón de Lectura starts! Begin tracking minutes read on the reading log
- 4 October: Reading Rainbow Day (each grade wears a color of the rainbow)
Kinder = RED
1st = ORANGE
2nd = YELLOW
3rd = GREEN
4th = Light Blue
5th = Dark Blue
6th = Purple
- 11 October: crazy sock day
- 18 October: EHSI spirit day – wear red and black, or EHSI spirit wear
- 25 October: curl up with a good book – PJ and comfy clothes day
- 31 October: Maratón de Lectura ends!
- 3 November: all pledges and reading logs are due
- 8 November: school assembly to celebrate the event and announce results! Wear your superhero gear. [note the date has changed]
Spirit Day events are listed here: Spirit Day Poster Final 2017
If you need another reading log for your student(s) to complete, a blank form is here: Maratón Reading Log
DONATE VIA PAYPAL:
Donating for more than one EHSI student? Just included the names of students and amounts in the ‘Notes’ section of your transaction!”