HOW DO WE RAISE FUNDS?
October is the time for Eagle Heights Spanish Immersion’s annual Maratón de Lectura/Read-Thon! This event is designed to help students develop their readings skills and a love for books while raising money to support our school. This month-long event is the PTO’s primary fundraiser, funding over 75% of the PTO Budget! All dollars raised during Maratón de Lectura will go directly back to the school and classrooms!
HOW DOES THE SCHOOL BENEFIT?
In recent years, money raised by Maratón de Lectura has helped our school in the following ways
• Teacher grants for classroom needs • Staff appreciation events and meals • Teacher reimbursements for supplies • PBIS incentives and rewards • Building improvements and new playground equipment • Angel Fund • Family events and cultural celebrations such as: Family Fun Night, El Día de los Muertos, Spring Dance Festival, STEM Night • Student events: Field Days, Kindness Retreat, 6th Grade Send-off
Click here to learn more.
Maratón de Lectura starts on October 1st and continues through to October 31st.
Here are the important dates you should know for 2021!
CELEBRATE SPIRIT DAYS! Spirit days will occur every Wednesday in October, students have an opportunity to dress up to keep the spirit of Maratón going strong!
- Fri, Oct. 1 – Maratón de Lectura begins!
- Wed, Oct 6th – Reading Rainbow Day – Each grade wears a different color:
Kinder = Red; 1st = Orange; 2nd = Yellow; 3rd = Green; 4th = Blue; 5th = Purple
Wed, Oct. 13th – Curl up with a Good Book Day – Wear comfy clothes and bring your favorite book
Wed, Oct. 20th – Unity Day – Unite in kindness and acceptance to stand together against bullying – wear orange
Wed, Oct 27th – EHSI Spirit Day – Wear red, white and black clothing, EHSI or Eden Prairie spirit wear
- Sun, Oct. 31st – Maratón de Lectura ends!
- Mon, Nov. 1st – All pledges and reading logs are due
DONATE VIA PAYPAL:
Donating for more than one EHSI student? Just included the names of students and amounts in the ‘Notes’ section of your transaction!”