Eagle Heights Spanish Immersion PTO Board Meeting
October 12, 2014
▪ Call to Order completed
▪ Roll Call: Kelly Hedlund (Co President), Amanda Muhlbauer (Co President), Michelle Barnes (Co Vice President), Heather Totin (Communications / Co Vice President), Trisha Pergande (Treasurer), Stacy Stelter (SEF chair), Melissa Engler (Communications Asst.), Kristina Lavelle (Classroom Rep Coordinator), Angela Hoffman, Kelly (did not not record last name)
▪ Reading & Approval of Minutes of the Preceding Meeting – completed
▪ Approval of Agenda of current meeting – completed
▪ Reports of Officers
- Volunteer needs:
- Vice chairs to chair 2015
- Board member assistants
- Fundraising co-chair
- Most people who work with interns will be stepping down
- Intern Festival will be Fall/Spring this year
- Koraida (Kory) Zuhar accepted staff intern coordinator
- Fall festival will be during the school day
- Spring festival will be in the evening
- PTO was asked to supplement food and craft items
- Use PTO funds possibly from kindness retreat
- Moved half of the bank balance to a money market account so we can earn interest.
- Donated $500 to the Vote Yes committee
- We need to decide where teacher grants will be pulled from (possibly savings)
- Perhaps an eblast giving ideas on purchasing for school and open for parent input.
- Classroom Rep
- Sandi Lindquist is Yearbook coordinator
- We have at least 1-2 photographers per classroom
- Most classrooms asked $25/student.
- E-blasts will have scheduled dates from now on.
- Discuss indoor recess with Terri to find out if there’s anything PTO needs to purchase or request volunteers to help with.
- EHSI website has incorrect and out-dated information. We will check to see if there’s a re-direct or work around so parents aren’t confused by this information.
- Perhaps add “volunteer of the month” to the website, or “nominate a peer”. Also add in the school on the corkboard.
- Yearbook will be Lifetouch this year
- CMS students will teach 5th & 6th graders how to put the yearbook together.
- $16.49/yearbook, working a deal with Lifetouch due to error amount last year.
- Maraton Counting Party: We need a Sign-up-Genius
- Before we discuss what to spend Maraton funds on, we will wait to see how much we’ve raised.
- How do we issue donation receipts to those who wish to deduct their donations on taxes?
- Possibly start a PayPal account that issues a tax receipt?
- Volunteer needs: