Check out the super cool new decor in our lobby area!! Thank you to Eleisia McGuire for being the coordinator for the project!! The project was paid for in part by the PTO and Sra Siguenza’s building improvement fund! We love it!!
Make those memories available forever! Order your yearbook before February 1st! Both hardcover ($25) and softcover ($20) options are available to purchase. All orders should be placed online using School code: 10646516
The 6th grade team submitted a grant as part of their “Get Comfortable Reading” initiative. They sent in a few pics to show how much the students appreciate their new bean bags!!
We love our teachers!! Yesterday morning, the PTO brought treats and baked goods to their staff meeting to show our appreciation for all they do for our children! Our school staff rocks!!
We have had an awesome fall season at Eagle Heights! We are fortunate that our Maratón de Lectura Fundraiser did so well, and we have raised funds to give directly back to the teachers and staff for enhancing learning in the classrooms!
This is our 3rd year offering a grant program to teachers and school staff and feedback from our wonderful staff has been very positive. It’s entirely funded by donations so THANK YOU, parents, for contributing to the success of our children’s classrooms!
What is the Grant Program about?
After Maratón De Lectura finished, the PTO sent out grant applications to all of the school staff. The purpose of the grant process is to give all school staff the opportunity to request funds for resources and/or activities that would help enrich, enhance, and engage the students within a deeper level of their curriculum learning.
Our PTO board recently approved the following requests:
- Stylus pens for iPads for fine motor skill building for Kindergarten
- 1st Grade Tower Garden
- 2nd Grade Ride and Read Action Based learning
- Art and Culture diversity books for art classes
- New Music for 5th and 6th grade band students
- Spelling City licenses for individualized spelling lists for 3rd & 4th graders
- Song books for letter sound word study for K-2 grades
- Kinder Rug & Sound Phones for K-1 grades
- Ukele tuners for music class
- Bowling cart, VersaBag Duffel for Physical Education classes
- Hokki Stools
- Headphones, Fidget pencil toppers, Thinking Putty
- 5th Grade PALS program (Peer Assisted Learning Strategy)
- 5th Grade Units of Study Research-Based Writing Curriculum
- Educreations.com teacher app for word work/word sorting
- Get comfortable reading – bean bags for 6th grade
We can’t thank our awesome parents enough for supporting the PTO, which in turn helps directly support our children, teachers and classrooms! We appreciate your support! Thank you for making our school an even better place for our children.
Many thanks on behalf of the PTO,
Michelle Barnes and Amanda Muhlbauer, PTO co-Presidents
Did you get your purple student directory? It should have gone home by now to oldest or only child at EHSI. Did you know the PTO creates this and pays to be printed? Shout out to Michelle Barnes and Kelly Weinblatt for doing the work to create these books! We love having the directories!
Thank you to our awesome Food Service staff!!
How much did our Día De Los Muertos event rock?!??
This event is made possible b/c of the efforts of our fabulous Sra. Roos and many staff and volunteers. We couldn’t do it without ya!
Wanna join the fun and help plan the event next year? We need 2 event coordinators and 2 assistant coordinators for next year so that we can keep the tradition going. **These positions have flexible hours and the majority of the work can be done outside of the normal school day.**
Contact email@example.com if you are interested.
Thank you – we appreciate our volunteers!