It’s October, and that means it is time forMaratón de Lectura, EHSI’s reading marathon! This is our PTO’s MAIN fundraiser, funding approximately 75% of the PTO’s budget! Every dollar raised during Maratón de Lectura will go directly back into our school, benefitting our staff, students, families and facilities. Please encourage your kids to read as much as they can in October and help us to raise money for our school in the process! All information is located on student’s classroom Maratón Schoology page and also in the Student Information Packet that will go home with students.
Maratón de Lectura starts on October 1st and continues through to October 31st.
Here are the important dates you should know for 2021!
CELEBRATE SPIRIT DAYS! Spirit days will occur every Wednesday in October, students have an opportunity to dress up to keep the spirit of Maratón going strong!
- Fri, Oct. 1 – Maratón de Lectura begins!
- Wed, Oct 6th: Reading Rainbow Day – Each grade wears a different color:
Kinder = Red; 1st = Orange; 2nd = Yellow; 3rd = Green; 4th = Blue; 5th = Purple
- Wed, Oct. 13th – Curl up with a Good Book Day – Wear comfy clothes and bring your favorite book
- Wed, Oct. 20th – Unity Day – Unite in kindness and acceptance to stand together against bullying – wear orange
- Wed, Oct 27th – EHSI Spirit Day – Wear red, white and black clothing, EHSI or Eden Prairie spirit wear
- Sun, Oct. 31st – Maratón de Lectura ends!
- Mon, Nov. 1st – All pledges and reading logs are due
DONATE VIA PAYPAL:
Donating for more than one EHSI student? Just included the names of students and amounts in the ‘Notes’ section of your transaction!”
***PLEASE HELP US bring the fun and excitement to our kids at the Maratón de Lectura virtual celebration in November! We will be rewarding top readers and some lucky participants at our celebration. If you are you able to make a monetary donation that will be used toward prizes we will be purchasing, please get in touch! Go in with a friend and both of you can check doing a good deed off your list!Please contact the Maratón de Lectura Coordinators below to make a contribution, or for any questions regarding Maratón de Lectura! Thank YOU!
Stephanie Hoffman firstname.lastname@example.org
Amy Kornis email@example.com
Donors will be recognized at the celebration, as well as in communications with our parents. The very best part is the chance to put smiles on our students’ faces for a job well done. Thank you in advance!